Monday 2 June 2014

Dha-Ochd-Dha (Two-Eight-Two)


If you've been following me on Facebook, you may have noticed some renewed activity!  I'd briefly mentioned it on my blog last summer, but hadn't said much more about it while things ticked along in the background.

However, two weeks tomorrow (16th June), BBC Alba will be transmitting a programme about my 98-day Round of the Munros! Understandably, I'm very excited...

 
 
 
When walking, I always kept a camera on me and recorded as I went. Along the way I was joined by Neil Allan, Liam Dickson and my dad, who filmed many of the crucial stages. When I finished the Round on Ben Hope in August, I then got stuck into editing the result. With my bit done, MacTV picked it up and the result is a one-hour documentary telling the highs and lows of my summer walk, interspersed with contributions from many hill-folk, not least the legendary Hamish Brown. He wrote the book Hamish's Mountain Walk, a cornerstone in the development of Munro bagging as a past-time, and one of my major inspirations (I've only worn out several copies of it!).
 
For me, this documentary is the culmination of three years from conception to reality and the creative opportunity to have put this together with MacTV for BBC Alba has just been fantastic.
 
Trusadh - Dha-Ochd-Dha (Two-Eight-Two) will be transmitted on BBC Alba on the 16th June at 6pm. Sky 143, Virgin 161 or Freeview 8 (Scotland)

Tune in and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment